These Snickers cookies sandwiched together with peanut buttercream and caramel sauce are the ultimate indulgence- you must try them!
For the cookies:
- 225g soft butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 175g dark brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 300g plain flour
- pinch salt
- 4 chopped Snickers bars
- 100g dark chocolate chips
For the caramel filling: 40g butter, 40g dark brown sugar, 40g golden syrup, 50ml double cream
For the peanut butter filling: 300g icing sugar, 50g butter, 50g peanut butter, few drops of milk
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar with an electric whisk or stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and some of the flour then whisk again to incorporate them into the mix. Add the remaining flour and bicarbonate of soda. Mix again.
- Add the chopped snickers bars and chocolate chips then fold in with a wooden spoon.
- Roll the cookie dough into small even balls (slightly smaller than a ping pong ball) and line onto the baking trays (allowing space for spreading).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Once cooked allow to cool on the trays while you make the fillings.
- For the caramel, melt together the butter, sugar and syrup. Once melted, bring to the boil then add the cream off the heat. Stir and allow to cool and thicken.
- To make the peanut butter buttercream, whisk the butter until light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter and briefly whisk together, then add the icing sugar gradually, whisking constantly until you have a light buttercream. Add some milk if the frosting is too stiff to achieve the desired pipe-able consistency.
- Now it’s time to assemble your cookie sandwiches! Just take a cookie, pipe a ring of peanut buttercream around the edge, fill it with caramel and pair up with another cookie to form a sandwich.