This four layer slice is pure indulgence… brownie, cookie dough, peanut butter cheesecake and ganache topped with salted peanuts; totally over the top but SO good.
Chocolate Brownie Layer: 300g dark chocolate, 200g butter, 2tsp hot water mixed with 2tsp instant coffee, 2 eggs, 200g caster sugar, 75g self raising flour, pinch salt, 100g white chocolate chips
Cookie Dough Layer: 225g plain flour, pinch salt, 125g melted butter, 150g dark, brown soft sugar, 75g caster sugar, 1tsp vanilla, 1-3tbsp milk, 100g dark chocolate chips
PB Cheesecake Layer: 2 1/2 gelatine leaves, 150g ricotta, 100g smooth peanut butter, 90g golden syrup, 75ml milk
Chocolate and Nut Layer: 200g milk chocolate, 200ml double cream, 50g white chocolate, handful salted peanuts
- Start off with the brownie layer. Preheat the oven to 170c (fan) and grease/line a 22x22cm brownie/traybake tin.
Place the butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt together above a pan of simmering water. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the coffee, eggs and sugar until well combined. Beat in the slightly cooled chocolate mixture until no streaks remain.
- Fold in the self raising flour and salt then finally add the white chocolate chips. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes. The middle should be fudgy and moist.
- While your brownie is cooking, make the cookie dough. Sift the plain flour and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl beat together the butter, vanilla, dark brown soft sugar and caster sugar.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed sugar mixture until a stiff dough is formed. Finally, add the chocolate chips and evenly distribute. Set aside.
Your brownie should now be cooked- allow it to cool completely in the tin, then roll out your cookie dough to roughly the same size and lay across the top of it, stretching out the sides to fit the tin. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up, then transfer to the fridge while you make the cheesecake layer.
- For the cheesecake layer, soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water. Beat together the ricotta, peanut butter and golden syrup in a bowl until smooth.
- Squeeze the water from the gelatine and place in a saucepan with the milk. Gently heat until the gelatine dissolves then cool. Once cool, stir into the peanut butter mixture and spread over the chilled brownie and cookie dough. Leave for 2 hours to set completely.
- Once your cheesecake layer has set, make your chocolate ganache. Simply chop up your milk chocolate and place in a jug, then heat the cream. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir to combine, then allow to cool completely.
- Spread the chocolate ganache over the cheesecake layer and sprinkle with chopped salted peanuts and melted white chocolate. Leave to set for 45 minutes in the fridge then slice with a hot knife and serve.