This cake is super easy to bake and is great if you’re looking to experiment with different flavours; the cardamom adds a distinct hum of spice to the light sponge which pairs really well with the earthy pistachios and super sweet white chocolate topping.
For the cake:
- 350g soft butter
- 350g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 375g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom seeds, crushed to a fine powder
- 150ml milk
- 100g chopped pistachios
For the topping:
- 150g white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- a few crushed pistachios and some dried rose petals (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160 (fan). Generously grease a bundt in with butter then sprinkle over some flour. Shake to coat the edges completely then tip out any excess (this should ensure that the cake doesn’t stick).
- Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk (or a stand mixer) until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition (add a little bit of the flour each time if you’re worried about curdling!).
- Once the eggs are fully incorporated and you have a smooth mixture, add the (remaining) flour, baking powder, salt milk, and cardamom. Whisk until light and well combined.
- Now fold in the pistachios and scrape the batter into the prepared bundt tin. Even out and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- When your cake is ready a skewer should come out clean when inserted. Once cooked, rest for 5 minutes in the tin then turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- While your cake is cooling, melt the white chocolate gently in a heatproof bowl above a pan of simmering water. Set aside to cool.
- Once your cake and topping have cooled you’re ready to decorate. To do this drizzle the white chocolate over the bundt and let it drip down the sides. Sprinkle with pistachios and rose petals for a simple but elegant finish.
3 thoughts on “Cardamom, Pistachio and White Chocolate Cake”
Such a beautiful cake! 🙂
what an epic cake – looks fabulous.
This cake looks delicious and so elegant!