These bars are the perfect grab and go treat to keep you going on a hectic day- I love my rhubarb and ginger jam sandwiched between the peanut butter flapjack and nutty topping, but you could choose any marmalade or jam in your version.
- 75g coconut oil
- 175g peanut butter (or another nut butter ie. almond, cashew)
- 150g dark brown soft sugar
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 300g porridge oats
Filling and topping:
- 200g rhubarb and ginger jam (or your favourite jam- fig or raspberry would work well)
- 200g flaked almonds
- 75g pecans
- 75g brazil nuts
- 100g caster sugar
- 2tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line a brownie tray.
- For the base place the coconut oil, peanut butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan. Melt together over a medium heat. Tip the oats into a large bowl and add the melted liquid. Stir together until well combined then pack down into the prepared baking tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- For the topping, heat the caster sugar and water together over a medium heat. Allow the sugar to dissolve then pour into a bowl along with all the nuts. Stir together to coat.
- Now you can assemble the next layers. Spread the jam all over the flapjack base and spoon on the nuts in an even layer. Press down the top then bake for 15-20 minutes, until the nuts are golden brown.
- Cool then slice into bars.