Amelia Rope recently sent me some delicious pale rose chocolate bars to have a little play with. I decided that with Valentines day around the corner I’d use them in a simple but luxurious tart, the ideal dessert to round off a lovingly (hah) prepared meal (disclaimer: you do not need a floppy haired Valentine/ flickering candle / rom-com vibe to enjoy these).
Ingredients (makes 4 mini tarts or 1 six inch tart):
For the crust:
- 200g chocolate biscuits (I used bourbons)
- 40g dark chocolate
- 50g melted butter
- pinch salt
For the filling:
- 200g Amelia Rope Pale Rose chocolate
- 100ml double cream
- 30g butter
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 50g toasted chopped pistachios
- 30g melted and cooled dark chocolate
- rose petals/ silver leaf for decoration(optional)
- Start off by greasing your tart case (or cases) ready for the biscuit crust (I always use a loose bottom tart tin).
- For the crust, place the biscuits, chocolate and salt in a blade mixer and blitz to create crumbs. Add the melted butter and briefly blitz again to combine, then tip into your tin (or distribute between your mini tart tins). Smooth down evenly onto the base and up the sides with the back of a spoon to create a case ready for the filling. Chill for 30 minutes.
- While your case is firming up make the filling. To do this simply place the chocolate, cream, butter and sugar in a heatproof bowl and set it over a pan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt, stirring occasionally, then once you have a smooth mixture set aside to cool.
- When the chocolate filling has cooled, pour it into the tart case and level out. Set aside to firm up for 1 hour then carefully remove from the tin. Brush the rim of the case with your melted dark chocolate and sprinkle over the pistachios. Decorate with silver leaf and rose petals, if you like.