These quick and easy brownies are rich and delicious. I’ve swapped out the flour for ground almonds to make them gluten free which means they’re even more moist than your usual brownie, and that can only be a good thing! I love the brazil nuts in these but you could sub in any nuts you like, or dried fruit and chocolate chips.
- 225g dark chocolate
- 225g butter
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g ground almonds
- 100g roughly chopped brazil nuts
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 170c and grease/line a brownie tray.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Allow the chocolate to cool then whisk in the vanilla, sugar, eggs and ground almonds. Keep whisking until the batter becomes thick and light, then fold in the brazil nuts.
- Pour the brownie mix into the prepared tray and bake for 20-25 minutes (the top should be crisp and the middle gooey).
- Leave the brownie to cool and firm in the tin then sprinkle with sea salt, slice up and serve.